RFID Microchips for Lab Animal Identification and Temperature Measurements
Benefits of RFID Microchips for Lab Animal Identification
Why Choose UID Over the Competitor?
Superior Quality & Reliability
- UID offers the only GLP-validated, temperature microchip on the market.
- UID provides durable, high-quality readers with low repair rate.
- UID microchips are manufactured under stringent quality standards which result in extremely low failure rates (1 PPM), compared to the 1-5% failure rates reported by users of competitor microchips.
- The UID temperature microchip is the only temperature transponder available for laboratory research with unsurpassed accuracy of ±1o C, compared to the 0.2-0.5o C accuracy from the competitor microchip.
Greater Flexibility & Versatility
- UID universal readers are designed to read any UID microchip, compared to the competitor, which offers dedicated readers for each microchip type.
- UID offers a wide range of readers available with multiple read distances to meet the specific process and application.
- Maintain sterility: UID microchips are available in sterile cannula and packaged individually in blister pack, compared to competitor microchips, which are provided as multiple injectors in a tray, which compromises sterility once opened.
- Smaller size: The UID Temperature microchip is smaller (2.1mm x 13mm) in size compared to the competitor microchip (2.2mm x 14mm)
- Smaller injection cannula: The UID microchips are available in 15.5G (UC-1485) and 12.5G (UC-2112) sterile cannula, compared to 15G and 12G trocar needles from the competitor.
- Eco-friendly: UID microchips are provided in disposable cannula for use with a reusable injector, compared to our competitor which offers disposable, plastic applicators for each microchip.
- UID readers are FCC compliant.
- UID readers can be set to continuous mode for frequent and continuous temperature data collection (as often as every 1-5 seconds).
- Lower cost readers and microchips compared to competitor prices.
- All UID microchips can be used with any of our universal scanners, compared to our competitor which offers a dedicated scanner for each microchip type.
- UID technology improves workflow accuracy and efficiency, which reduces laboratory administrative and operating costs.
Exceptional Customer Service and Support
- We provide IT-integration support to ensure seamless data transfer.
- We deliver dedicated customer support for product installation and training.
- We offer a 30-day, risk-free equipment trial.
- We are scientists, and we understand our client’s needs.
- We care! Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
UID Goes Above and Beyond
Some of the Companies That Trust our Products and Services
“The temp microchips were a godsend! The entire staff was incredibly happy – much faster to collect the temps and MUCH less messy! 😉 It was so quick and easy getting the temps, that we were able to collect them 3x/day from 50 lambs and thus catch animals sooner when they were getting ill. Plus we were able to provide additional data for the researchers, which they appreciated. All around this change was a raving success!”
“My company has migrated to almost exclusive use of RFID for identification. This facilitates workflows and electronic data collections and reduced the human error in maintaining and reading other forms of identification. We exclusively use rodent models. The platform we use is from UID Identification Solutions for both rats and mice. The chips are proprietary to the UID readers but they have a whole series from handheld, to wands, and pass throughs. The chips are very reasonable in price and come with the advantage of user defined character space on the chip identification. This was very attractive to us as we can put our animal numbers and study numbers on the chip in human readable form rather than relying on a computer to read the chip code (very hard for staff to use that number to drive operations). In addition, we have now been using their temperature capable chips that will simultaneously provide body temperature at the same time as the animal ID, very useful for our host resistance studies. We are also using the 2D arrays from that are the footprint of rodent cages and facilitate tracking animal activity and body temperature in real-time. We are very pleased with the product and will continue to use UID. In addition, their customer service and troubleshooting is very good, responsive, and timely.”
“The UID microchips and reader are wonderful, practical, simple, and very easy to use. We tested it on mice that we analyzed for 30 days. After that time, the reader correctly read all the animals. We are very happy with the purchase and very grateful for this recommendation.”
The temperature monitoring system “…is working excellent. We were surprised how close we had to hold it to the animal [pigs] and it has to be held what we consider upside down. However, it is ten thousand times better than taking rectal temps!”
“We use the Unified Information Devices (UID) equipment at our facility, we have been using it for about 3 years now. All of their equipment is durable and on the rare occasion we need something repaired they have never charged us for it! Their micro-chips are programable but don’t have to be as each chip has a unique number/letter combination already on that can be used for identification. As far as I know this system is compatible with most any data collection programs being used. UID has everything you need for animal identification, TA jar identification, micro-chip implantation, etc. They will also work with you on quantity pricing for micro-chips and other items. UIDs customer service is second to none. If I have a problem I call (they will answer) or e-mail them and they are always happy to help. I have zero complaints with UID.”
“I did our pilot study with just the microchips and I came in 2x/day to take temps. It was nice that the reader worked through the cage, so I didn’t have to open each cage twice a day.”
“We have been using the temperature microchips in a few pigs now and they work well. Anecdotally, the microchip and rectal temperatures are the same. I am happy with the option overall.”
“As someone who used to (and still does when helping with other people’s projects) use a rectal probe for temperature monitoring, these chips are an amazing time saver, way more accurate and help keep my mice straightened out over the prolonged period I have them. I thoroughly enjoy using them. I would hate to go back to a rectal probe!”