UID Cage Cards with integrated RFID tracking offer superior advantages over standard print cards or bar codes commonly used in the vivarium for animal cage identification. RFID cards and corresponding RFID readers available from UID help improve the accuracy of your data by ensuring 100% read precision, as well as electronic recording directly to your Animal Management System. While bar codes require a 1 to 1 read, RFID cards can be scanned individually or in multiples, depending on the number of cages in the rack or room. This feature enables faster reading and recording times, which saves valuable time during routine animal census.
RFID cage cards, exclusively available from UID, are not your typical “cage cards”. These are advanced cage cards with integrated RFID for accurate data tracking and recording. They are manufactured with high-quality, tearproof and chemical resistant material to safeguard your valuable information.
Advantages of UID Cage Cards with Integrated RFID:
- Designed for use with standard 3” x 5” cards.
- Easy to use: Print directly onto the sticker and affix it to your card stock. You can use low-cost card stock with different colors to indicate groups.
- Durable: The UID cage label is chemical resistant, temperature resistant (from -198oC to +200oC), tearproof and waterproof.
- Printing options:
- Use a standard industrial printer with the UID Media stock to print each card. Add the RFID number to your LIMS System by provisioning the RFID value after printing.
- Use a RFID Printer to allow the printer to print the human readable values; then send the RFID value to your LIMS System for a no hassle, seamless entry.
RFID Cage Card Readers:
UID will help you find the best reader solution for your needs. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 224.444.8484.