UID has revolutionized the way researchers can now collect and record animal body temperatures with the new UID Temperature Microchip (UCT-2112). The UID Temperature Microchip uses proven RFID technology to enable animal identification and body temperature recording capabilities in a single transponder, which presents a cost-effective solution compared to other methods. With intraperitoneally (IP) implanted microchips, core body temperature recordings are achieved with a high degree of accuracy (±0.1°C).
The UID Temperature Microchips can be scanned using the URH-300HP (handheld) or UBS-200 (desktop) readers, with and effective reading distance of 6-10”. These microchips can be scanned using regular UID RFID readers. No special readers are required!
Stop relying on inaccurate subcuticular temperature readings. The UID Temperature Microchip provides an accurate, convenient and cost-effective method for measuring core body temperatures in mice, rats, and other laboratory animals.
- Size: 2.1mm x 13mm
- Provided in a sterile blister pack
- Provided in sharp 12.5G cannula for easy insertion
- 100% unique 8-digit RFID number
- Programmable with customized study information (16 characters)
- Accuracy: ±0.1°C
- Temperature read range: 25°C – 50°C
- Implantable: IP, SQ or IM in all species