UID has revolutionized the way researchers can now collect and record animal body temperatures with the new UID Temperature Programmable Microchip (UCT-2112). The UID Temperature Microchip uses proven RFID technology to enable animal identification and body temperature in a single transponder. The animal ID and core body temperature readings are conveniently accessible with a simple scan, which presents a more cost-effective solution compared to alternate methods, such as probes and telemetry implants. With intraperitoneally (IP) implanted microchips, core body temperature recordings are achieved with a high degree of accuracy (±0.1°C). There is no need to rely on inaccurate subcuticular temperature readings any more. The UID Temperature Microchip provides an accurate, convenient and cost-effective method for measuring core body temperature in laboratory animals, including mice, rats, primates and more.
In addition to temperature reading capabilities, each transponder contains a unique, non-repeating, alphanumeric code for positive animal identification. Furthermore, the UCT-2112 microchip contains up to 16 alphanumeric characters that enable read/write programmable capabilities. This feature allows researchers to program the microchip with useful “human readable” data, such as study number, genotype or animal DOB. Each microchip is supplied individually packaged in sterile cannula for quick and easy implantation using a wide range of UID injectors.
The UID Temperature Microchips can be scanned using regular UID RFID readers. Unlike other vendors, no dedicated or special readers are required! The URH-300HP (handheld) or UBS-200 (desktop) readers are great options, with an effective reading distance of up to 8”.
Features and Specifications
- Applications: Temperature and animal identification
- Species: All species (mice and larger lab animals)
- Temperature Accuracy: ±0.1°C
- Temperature read range: 25°C – 50°C
- Size: 2.1mm x 13mm
- Implantable: IP, SQ or IM in mice and other species
- Unique ID: 100% unique 8-digit, non-repeating, alphanumeric RFID code. This code is permanent; it cannot be changed or deleted.
- Programmable: 1-16 alphanumeric characters for programming (read/write) with customized study information. Can be programmed in the cannula prior to implantation or in the animal. Once programmed it can only be removed or changed via UID Programming software.
- Biocompatible: Glass encapsulated (BIO GLASS 8625)
- Operating Frequency: 134 kHz
- Availability: Provided individually packaged in ETO sterile blister pack
- Availability: Provided in sharp, triple ground cannula (2.59mm O.D.) for easy insertion
- MRI Compatible: Tested at 12T with no heating, movement, or loss of permanent or programmed data
- X-Ray Compatible: Yes
- Ultrasound Compatible: Yes
- Compatible Readers: URH-1HP Handheld Reader, URH-300HP High Power Reader, UBS-200 Base Station
- Compatible injectors: UPGI-Q Pistol Grip Injector, Stainless Steel Injector, Syringe Injector