The UID High Power Console Reader (URC-500-1) provides long distance microchip reading capabilities and unmatched system durability. Optimal reading distances ranging from 8” to 24” can be achieved with all UID microchips, and the actual microchip read distance is dependent on the choice of antenna used for the required application. All the electronics are contained within a waterproof metal box for protection against liquids and other environmental factors. The URC-500 reader can be mounted and secured onto multiple flat surfaces, including under the bench for maximizing countertop space. All connectors are industrial grade to provide long-lasting reliability and durability. The system can be supplied with a range of antennae adaptors depending on the specific research need. The antenna options include handheld wands, primate tunnels, or 6”x6” plates. The URC-500 Console Reader can connect to up to 4 antennae plates (URC-500-4) for location tracking and temperature monitoring within a large animal enclosure.
Works as a standalone reader or in conjunction with UID Matrix software to enable continuous (24/7) data recording.
Summary of Features and Specifications:
- Application: General animal ID and Temperature reading; continuous location and temperature tracking
- Desktop, high-power reader
- Designed for mounting under a table or bench for space efficiency
- Compatible with all UC-Series of UID microchips
- Recommended species: mice, rats, rabbits, primates, other
- Reader dimensions:75” x 4.5” x 3.25”
- Microchip programming: YES (requires Pi Software Provisioning Application)
- Reads temperature data (UCT-2112 Temperature Microchip): YES
- Antenna options: Circle wand, 6”x6” Square Plate, primate tunnel (up to 3’x4’ in size)
- Long read range: 8”-24” (depending on microchip size and antenna)
- Power: 12V
- Waterproof (IP67 rating)