The UID Mouse Programmable Microchip (UC-1485) is ideal for positive and permanent identification of mice and other small laboratory animals. With microchip dimensions of 1.4 mm in diameter and 8.5 mm in length, it is the smallest, programmable transponder in the market with encryption. Each microchip is supplied individually packaged in sterile cannula for quick and easy implantation using a wide range of UID injectors. Each transponder contains a unique, non-repeating, alphanumeric code for positive animal identification. In addition, the UC-1485 microchip contains up to 16 alphanumeric characters that enable read/write programmable capabilities. This feature allows researchers to program the microchip with useful “human readable” data, such as study number, genotype or animal DOB. The UC-1485 implantable microchips can be easily programmed in cannula prior to insertion using the UPS-60 Chip Provisioning Station, or after implantation while in the animal using the UID reader. The UID programmable microchips are fail-proof and do not lose their programmed information, unlike those of other microchip providers.
Features and Specifications
- Applications: Animal identification
- Species: mice and larger species
- Size: 1.4mm x 8.5mm
- Implantable: IP, SQ or IM in mice and other species
- Unique ID: 100% unique 8-digit, non-repeating RFID code
- Programmable: 1-16 alphanumeric characters for programming (read/write) with customized study information. Can be programmed in the cannula prior to implantation or in the animal.
- Biocompatible: Glass encapsulated (BIO GLASS 8625)
- Operating Frequency: 134 kHz
- Availability: Provided in individually packaged in sterile blister pack
- Availability: Provided in sharp, triple ground cannula (1.99mm O.D.) for easy insertion
- Compatible Readers: URH-1HP Handheld Reader, UBS-200 Base Station
- Compatible injectors: UPGI-Q Pistol Grip Injector, Stainless Steel Injector, Syringe Injector
Price discounts available for large quantity purchases. Contact UID at email@example.com or 224.444.8484 for more information.
For laboratory research use only. NOT for pet or wildlife use (Refer to our ISO standard transponders for these applications).