The URH-300HP is a high-power reader which is ideal for identification and temperature reading applications in large laboratory animals, including rabbits, primates, dogs, sheep, swine, and others. This hand held, dual antenna reader has a long read range of up to 8”. This reader can also be used for reading through cage bars (i.e., primate cages), but the read distance is slightly reduced to about 4-5′”. An optional, extendable antenna (URH-PLEX) can also be adapted for under water applications, for safety reasons, or to reach hard to access areas. This reader is compatible with all UID Laboratory Animal Microchips.
Summary of Features and Specifications:
- Portable, high-power reader
- Compatible with all UC-Series of UID microchips
- Recommended species: rabbits, dogs, primates, sheep, swine, cattle, and other large animal species.
- Routes: SC (all species), IP (all species)
- Microchip programming: NO
- Reads temperature data (UCT-2112 Temperature Microchip): YES
- Connects to PC via USB or Bluetooth (wireless) interface
- HID Keyboard: YES
- Long read range: 6-8”
- Power: 7.2V Lithium-ion rechargeable batter
- Frequency: 134.2 kHz
- Stores up to 2,000 records
- Communication interface: RS 232 with USB and optional Bluetooth