The URH 1L Handheld Reader is a medium range, handheld scanning device designed to read encoded data from all UC-Series of UID implantable microchips. Its portable, wireless design is ideal for general laboratory applications where mobility is necessary.
The URH-1L Reader connects to a computer system either physically with a USB cable or remotely using Bluetooth or wireless connection. It can be used in continuous read mode for scanning multiple microchips in a sequence, or for individual microchip scanning by pressing the button on the reader each time. Communication to your software system is seamless, and it can also act as a keyboard input.
Summary of Features and Specifications:
- Portable reader
- Compatible with all UC-Series of UID implantable microchips
- Recommended species: rodents (mice, rats, hamsters, rabbits)
- Recommended Routes: SC (all species), IP (mice, rats)
- Microchip programming: NO
- Reads temperature data (UCT-2112 Temperature Microchip): YES
- Connects to PC via USB or Bluetooth (wireless) interface
- HID Keyboard: YES
- Medium Read range: 4-5cm
- Power: Lithium-ion battery (AC option for continuous power)
- Frequency: 134.2 kHz
- Requires a UBC-i2 battery charger